Cyn’s City

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

And a new recipe layout!

Hope everyone has great plans for Halloween. Pete is still doing the cider mill thing (this is the last weekend), so I'm not really doing anything. Actually, I'm not even giving out candy! If you told me 5 years ago that this would be the case, I would have never believed you. But now, so few kids come around in our neighborhood, it's not really worth the effort. And, some of them even skip the houses of people they don't know! I think that people take their kids to the really big, newer neighborhoods, or to parties at schools or churches instead. So, Trick-or-Treating is sort of dying out in my neighborhood.

I didn't even buy any Halloween candy, so there's nothing to tempt me in the house. I plan to hunker down upstairs, and watch "King Corn", my Netflix pick this week. It's a documentary about the corn industry in the US, and I assume will clue me in to the whole high-fructose corn syrup thing in this country. I'll let you know what I learn.

In the meantime, here's a layout I finished today. I started this one about a month ago, but just hadn't take the time to do the text. I really love this layout - I think it's just so perfect for a breakfast recipe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment