Cyn’s City

Monday, October 26, 2009

"Crisis Cleaning"

It was amusing - I took Fly Lady's post about "Crisis Cleaning" to heart yesterday - I actually did use a timer, and for alternating 15 minutes at a time, cleaned/organized my kitchen and did stuff on the computer. I guess if it works, it's ok that it's a strange thing to do! It's just that I want to spend my weekends doing digi-scrapbook stuff, and NOT anything around the house! So, this did end up to be a good compromise for me. The kitchen got cleaned, cupboards got purged and organized, and I still managed to get two recipe LOs done!
During my times on the computer, somehow I came across a link to the A&E show "Hoarders", which I'd never heard of. I watched the clips they had on there for the 4 or 5 shows they've aired already. O.M.G! Seeing that is enough to scare you straight when it comes to clutter! These people's houses were literally drowning in stuff piled everywhere. Piles and piles of papers, magazines, food, clothing - whatever that person's thing was.
I'm pretty sure neither Pete, nor I have that mental disorder - we are just mini pack-rats about some things, and no where near to that extreme. Not even a little bit, thank goodness. But, all the same, it was eye-opening to watch, and it will make me be a bit more agressive when it comes to cleaning out the basement - no more saving stuff just becuase "it's good", or "I might need/use it someday". Off to charity or into the garbage it will go!
If you've not seen the series, you can check out some clips here. The next new episode airs November 2nd - I may just try to catch it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment