Seeing this each year always reminds me of a children's book I enjoyed as a child - "The Cookie Tree", by Jay Williams. See how the tree on the cover looks like a big maple who's leaves have turned yellow? So I think about this book as I drive down my street full of big beautiful yellow maple trees.

I wonder where that book is now? Most likely sold for $.25 at a garage sale at some point...
Of course, my trees don't have cookies on them, but I'm pretty sure that's a good thing! ;-)
1 comments:
I HAD THIS BOOK, TOO!!! Oh my gosh. I had completely forgotten about it. I have a feeling my mother might still have it. I'll have to ask her. Thanks for the memory jolt.
I just did a search and you can get a copy through Amazon! Used book sellers, it appears.
Post a Comment