Cyn’s City

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just a quick post

Just wanted to share the photo of my new pendant. It's citrine, which is my birthstone. The main stone is a round stone, set in a square antique head which matches that on my engagement ring. I especially like the beaded/diamond bale. I just love Somos' design!



Did I mention that they are making a matching set of earrings for me? They will be the same as the pendant, but will dangle off of a embellished french wire earring. To keep the cost down a bit, we went with a stone that is 1mm smaller than that of the pendant, and the "bale" will only be beaded, no diamonds. I think they will be ready in a couple of weeks - I can't wait!

I also forgot to mention in my last post that we went to a new Thai restaurant for V-day dinner. We only had one Thai place here in Albany, and it closed last summer. But, this new place opened in December. I hadn't really heard anything about it, but decided to risk it. The decor was a bit lacking, but the food was pretty good. A bit pricey for Thai, I thought, but I think they are trying to be an upscale place. Pete had Pineapple Cashew Chicken, which came served in a 1/2 pineapple, and I had Green Curry w/Chicken, which was quite good. We splurged on Mango with Coconut Cream Sticky Rice, which was SO good! I would definitely go back there again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment